Recruitment drive for doctors
Western Cape Health recruitment drive in response to COVID-19 Pandemic.
Western Cape Health invites private General Practitioners(Medical doctors) to augment our efforts during the COVID period.
The Western Cape Government- Health invites Private General Practitioners (Medical doctors ) who can assist with clinical service delivery across various facilities in the Province through short term sessional contracts.
The COVID-19 pandemic along with the pre-existing burden of disease are placing our facilities under tremendous pressure.
We are using a current electronic Volunteer recruitment system as a vehicle to recruit private GPs. The system enables rapid, electronic recruitment and administering applications. The attached Explanatory Note indicates the terms of employment and salary level.
Please consult the Explanatory Note on what documents are required to upload.
- Z83 (Application for employment) (pdf, 63.64 KB)
- Drivers licence
- ID document (or passport)
- Copies of qualifications (Matric certificate and graduate certificates)
- Registration with the HPCSA
Please indicate your preference of clinical care: ambulatory and/or inpatient, as well as preferable geographic area.
What to expect once all documents have been submitted
- The central team will verify the completeness of your submissions and add your details on the database of medical officers.
- Your details will be made available to the relevant management team who has responsibility for services.
- These offices will contact you when sessional services are required. At that point in time the appointment process will be concluded with a contract for you to sign. The sessional appointment will then be formalized and entered into the personnel salary system to ensure you are recognized on the system and payments can be effected. An example of such a contract is available for your information. It will confirm the employment aspects as contained in the explanatory note, also attached.
- The geographic service areas are grouped as follows:
- Metro Health Services
- Khayelitsha -Eastern Substructure
- Southern-Western Substructure
- Klipfontein-Mitchells Plain Substructure
- Northern-Tygerberg Substructure
- CTICC temporary hospital
- Brackengate temporary hospital
- Rural Health Services
- Cape Winelands District
- Garden Route-Central Karoo District
- Overberg District
- Western Coast District
- Temporary hospital Sonstraal, Paarl
- Metro Health Services
We call on all private GPs to apply: